Wednesday 9 May 2012

Backdrop for Tarheel Tales

Kate, a friend that I have made here at OU asked me to paint a backdrop for her recent children's show that she's directing with a small group of actors. I jumped at the chance and wanted to help out as much as I could.

She sent me this image as a reference:


I was really excited when I saw this image as it's so visually exciting and will be great to recreate.

I have decided to use sprayers to apply the paint to the background, I will then go in with a paintbrush to define the swirls. Finally I will splatter silver paint on the lift it a bit.

I took these pictures when I was done:



Corinne Zachry, the sound designer, took these photos on Saturday of the guys performing infront of the backdrop:



I'm so happy with how it has turned out. It was such a fun little project to do and Kate is really grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment