Wednesday 4 April 2012

Hands-on Costume Design

The last session we went to at USITT was a hands on costume designing session.


We were given an image and a quote and from these sources, we had to draw emotions and feelings:


We then had to draw a costume design based on these thoughts and feelings. This is what I came up with:



I'm not sure why this design came into my head, it just seemed right for what I wrote down as the image and the quote were very contrasting. Plus i can imagine this is the sort of lamenting a jester would do. Perhaps he is a Jester who is actually quite smart and serious but he's been thrown into a Jesters role?


It's a good starting point which is what it's meant to be. If I was to develop it more, I would perhaps make the the fact that he's a Jester a little more subtle or perhaps I'd need to make it modern. 


I really liked using the watercolours and using them has made me remember how nice they are to use. I'm going to try and use watercolours more in my costume renderings.

No comments:

Post a Comment